Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A week walking with Christ Day 1


Day 1

Do I know that my Heavenly Father loves me? How do I know this is true? Do I know that I am His daughter? Do I know that I lived with Him before I came here? Because of His love for me, He sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. As you think about these questions today, consider the story in this poem.



Alma 32:21
            “And now as I said concerning faith – faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.”


Faith of Little Mary
Author Unknown


The father, a well digger was he,
Was loving and kind as a father could be.
Mary, his daughter, five years old,
Was very much dearer than sliver or gold.
To Mary, the father was big, strong, and great,
So each had a treasure beyond any rate.


One day little Mary to the well was sent
To take Daddy’s dinner and gladly she went.
But when she looked down not a thing could she see;
The well like a pocket was dark as could be.

The father saw Mary and heard her voice, too,
But said not a word just to see what she would do.
She dropped to her knees, that dear little soul,
And cried, “Oh, Daddy, are you in that deep hole?”

“Yes, Mary, my dear, I am here at your feet.
Just drop me the lunch, I am ready to eat.
Now let it down easy, I’ll catch it all right.”
She did so, and saw it go down out of sight.

“Why, Mary,” said he, “There is enough here for two.
Just drop down to me, we will eat here together
Down in the cool from the heat and the weather.”
”Oh, Daddy, I’m afraid; I can’t see you at all.


Be sure to catch me; don’t let me fall.”
T’was just for a moment, she wavered in doubt,
Then closing her eyes in the dark she jumped out.
She trusted in faith in her father’s request,

And both were happy.  He kissed her and smiled
Because of the sweet loving faith of the child.
“Oh, Mary, my dear, you have put me to shame.
How often my Father has called me the same;

But because it was dark I wavered in doubt,
Refusing the calls, though his arms were stretched out.
I wanted some proof.  I must see with my eyes,
And so I wavered and lost the great prize.

To him who’ll knock, the door open will be.
To him who’ll ask, it shall be given to see.
To him who’ll seek, the Lord says he shall find.
Until I have faith and can bow ‘neath the rod,
Will I inherit the Kingdom of God?”


Challenge: Increase your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ by reading Isaiah 53:3–12; John 3:16–17; Romans 5; 2 Nephi 9:6–7, 21–26; Alma 7:11–13; 34:8–17; and Doctrine and Covenants 19:15–20. In your journal write your feelings about the Savior and what He has done for you. Share your feelings in a testimony meeting.

No comments: