Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A week walking with Christ Day 4


Day 4

How can I gain knowledge of Jesus Christ? Do I take the time to read my scriptures each day? Do I take the time to pray? In all my decisions today will I ask, “What would Christ do?”

Doctrine and Covenants 131:6
         “It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.”

Dear Friend,

I just had to send you a note to tell you how much I love you and care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were walking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with me, also. It hurt me that you didn’t talk to me, but I still love you because I am your friend. I saw you fall asleep last night, and I longed to touch your brow. So I spilled moonlight on your pillow and your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so that we could talk. I have so many gifts for you, but you awakened late the next day and rushed off. My tears were in the rain.

Today I noticed you looked sad, and upset. It makes my heart ache because I understand. My friends let me down and hurt me so many times too. But, I love you. Oh, if only you would listen to me. I really love you. I try to tell you in the blue sky and in the green grass I whisper in the leaves on the trees, and breathe it in the color of the flowers. I shout it to you in the mountain streams and give the birds love songs to sing, clothe you in warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the oceans and bigger than the biggest want or need in your heart.

If you only knew how much I want to help you. I want you to meet our Father. He wants to help you, too. Just call me, ask me, and talk with me. Please, please don’t forget me. I have so much to share with you. But, I wont hassle you any further. You are free to call me. It’s up to you. I’ll wait because I love you.

Your Brother,
Jesus Christ

Challenge: Think about why you need to gain knowledge and understanding about how to apply gospel principles to your present and future home and family life. Write in your journal what you have learned about knowledge, and discuss it with a family member.

No comments: